Monday, October 24, 2011

Merchants Of Cool

I learned that teens are the number one source of merchandise. The Cool Finder Organization targets them in order to sell most of their products. The one thing that shocked me was how many young girls are influenced by what they see on TV. Including the message that Britney Spears sends: Use your body to get what you want. I don’t think that’s a good message because it endangers girls to have sex for money or fame at an early age.

I think this quote is very true because the cool hunter organization goes out looking for what’s “cool” and after they found it, it’s not cool anymore. Therefore what they’re doing is giving teens the chance to show their true colors, making products for them to spend their money on and then eliminating their interests by making a whole different era. What this quote basically says is that they will bribe teens for their money. Not cool.

I don’t agree with this quote because it’s not true. I think the Media is part responsible for the action and the way teens act because of all the movies they make. It feels like now a days there’s a sexual seen on every movie including PG 13 movies. I mean, how do they not expect for teens to act wild and dirty if they see it on the media? TV, internet and movies influences everyone especially teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment